We slept late today and finally woke up to a gorgeous day. The sun was shining and it was actually warm so we decided we'd take a walk around Jack London Square. As soon as we left it started raining a bit but we went on to Barnes and Nobles. We read up on several San Francisco and Oakland books of travel to find stuff we HAD to do while we were out here and bought a few books. When we left the rain had cleared and it was gorgeous again. We walked around several blocks and found all the stuff to do and went shopping in World Market and Bed Bath & Beyond, and then we found the BEST store EVER!!! Its called BevMo and I think we might just be regulars. They have all kinds of wine, liquor, and non-alcoholic beverages and its cheap!!! I bought some Skyy vodka for $12 usually this is around $20-25 and I found my wine that I love (see story of it several posts below). We also found this old bar called First and Last Chance (see pic) and it happens to be literally 1/2 block from our apartment. It is a really old bar that has been around since the late 1800s...again I think we may be regulars. Tonight we are going to find somewhere to watch the superbowl or we might drive back into San Fran because its so dang pretty outside. Tomorrow we have to go to work...so I'll let you all know how that goes.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Our Neighborhood
Posted by *MIRANDA* at 6:41 PM
