Nope...I HATE floor nursing!!! Last night was even worse than the night before! From 7p-11p I had a great preceptor who showed me lots of stuff. I was on the hemoc floor so there was some new stuff I'd never seen before...then came 11p. I was with somebody who was a TERRIBLE preceptor. She would just walk away and leave for like 30min and then she would be over there charting away and I would go and ask what she was doing or if this was something I needed to know and she would say nope and keep on charting. If you're a floor nurse reading this you may want to stop now, I'm ill right now at floor nurses and I'm tired. I've realized that us ER nurses work WAYYYY harder!!! I have now done both and ER (and intensive care nurses) deserve more money. Floor nurses don't even go see their patients its all about the paperwork...who gives a rip??? I got so ill tonight cause my preceptor would not show me anything I finally just said screw it and charted what I knew how to do and just left the rest...I mean I'm only there for 3 months...are they gonna fire me? I've decided I'll do better on my own learning everything and as long as my patients are taken care of...who cares if its charted right! Anyway, sorry for my ranting I'm ill and tired and I miss the ER. Me and Laura called our ER last night in the middle of the night just to pretend we were there instead of up on a floor. Oh and tonight I got to listen to the floor nurses dog the ER nurses cause they had a patient that was coming up to our unit then was going to the OR then they decided he was coming to the unit...anyway the floor nurses were like don't they know whats going on...blah, blah but you know what if they would've brought this hemorrhaging kid up then the floor nurses would've complained about that too saying he was unstable! OK maybe tonight will be better! Its only 3 days a week...
