This morning I woke up and decided to drive Hwy 1. Hwy 1 is the highway that runs the entire coast of California. From San Francisco both Hwy 1 north and south are suppose to be gorgeous, but I chose to go south. I wanted to try to make it to Monterey but I made so many stops along the way I didn't make it. When I first saw the ocean I stopped at like the first 3 beaches. I have never seen anything so pretty. From Oakland I drove west across a forever long bridge and then I went through some moutainous farm land, traffic through here was awful! I moved 10 miles in about an hour but I finally made it to Half Moon Bay, which is a small coastal farming town. As soon as I turned left onto Hwy 1 from here I passed like 3 houses, turned a curve and there was the Pacific Ocean! It was weird cause there would be cows grazing right in front of the ocean. At one point there was 2 John Deere tractors in a field in front of the ocean...I thought that was cute but couldn't get a pic. It took me about an hour driving down Hwy 1 and then I got to Santa Cruz...the most gorgeous place I've ever seen! They had the cutest boardwalk and there was thousands of surfers out in the water. I've decided I want to live here and if they have a children's hospital I'm so going there next! I came back from Santa Cruz on the interstate just cause Hwy 1 took so long.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Drive down Hwy 1
Posted by *MIRANDA* at 7:39 PM


