CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

All by myself

Last night was my first night to work by myself, off orientation. I was on my favorite floor (the one where the nurses act like my people back home) so I was extrememly happy about that. And I stayed there the whole 12 hours. I had some pretty complex patients although there were not that many meds to give out so I really wasn't that busy. I had 2 different kids with chest tubes, a kid in halo traction, and a postop appy. The only one who gave me any trouble was one of the chest tube kids...he was a big baby and extremely rude (they were probably from Sausalito...or to you guys back home Mountain Brook people). But noboby died on my watch and I think I did all my charting right. We still don't have our schedule for the rest of the month apparently our nurse manager does not have it together. We gotta go back in tonight and then I work Wed night and I'm done till next monday...more to come!