So my new favorite website is bakerella.blogspot.com and on this site she makes the cutest little cake pops. Its cake on a stick and they seemed so easy to make so I tried it and they taste great but not so pretty.
So I started by baking a regular yellow sheet cake. After it cooled completely I crumbled it up and mixed it with a container of cream cheese icing. So here's what mine looked like...
Bakerella's do not look like this her's are all smooth and one color...I don't know how she does that cause when you bake a cake the outside is darker than the inside. Anyway, moving on so I melted these candy melts and dipped the cake balls in the chocolate, then sprinkles, then put them on the styrofoam to harden. But they're all clumpy and the chocolate drips off. And my chocolate only covered like 13 balls! When the chocolate hardened you couldn't re-microwave and use it so some of it went to waste : ( This is the covered cake balls...
And these are all my leftover cake balls needing chocolate...BUT...they all taste good!
This is what Bakerella's cake balls look like...
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
My Attempt at Cake Pops
Posted by *MIRANDA* at 8:28 PM
