I was coming back from Sips N Strokes in Vestavia (pics to come) and I could see lightening in the distance but it looked far away so I kept driving. So I get around the airport and it starts pouring and the lightning is coming down (in bolts) all around me. I get off at Roebuck Pkwy (stupid mistake) and the lights are not working and I"m basically floating down the parkway.
I turn on my little cutoff road and there's a car in front of me going REALLY REALLY slow stopping all the time. All of sudden there's a bolt of lightning and it hits a transformer like 20 feet away from me and sparks fly. Thanks goodness that car was going slow huh?
I kept thinking I'm going to die...I'm glad I went to church on Sunday...I'm going to die. So after the sparks I turn around and float back onto the parkway and go sit in the Burger King parking lot for awhile.
I called ERik basically crying and he's like if it quits raining you need to get home. But there were bolts of lightning all around me. It finally slacked up a bit and I started out.
Well now the traffic was backing up from a wreck on down the parkway...again thank goodness I turned around or it might have been me so I went and got back on the interstate and went to the Trussville exit to get off. By then the lightning was past me and I made it home in one piece but seriously I thought I was going to die.
Poor Toto had been outside the whole time (I didn't know it was going to storm) and he darted in as soon as I opened the door soaking wet (usually he stays dry under the porch but I think the wind was too hard).
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
I Almost Died Last Night...
Posted by *MIRANDA* at 10:05 PM
