ok ok I know I haven't blogged in awhile but I've been very busy. The past few weeks have been eventful with some good and some bad.
I started my new job as a charge nurse in the ER. Not so sure about it yet. I'm not sure how I'm doing cause its so CRAZY the times I'm trying to be charge. I feel like my eyeballs are going to pop out sometimes while I'm working and I absolutely HATE hearing my name cause people say it so dang much. And the phone NEVER quits ringing! I'm expected to fix EVERYTHING!!! No offense to any of my co-workers...this is not your fault its just my job now and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.
I went for the first time to Lake Martin to hang out with one of my best friends. Me and Laura had a great time! It was absolutely gorgeous! And we flipped the jet ski for the first time. Laura's like don't worry it won't flip...guess what happens? We were fine though and I was laughing so hard I couldnt get back on the stupid thing. I miss you Laura!!!
Two days later I went to Lake Guntersville with mama and daddy. They fished and I just tanned. Then we all celebrated one of my cousin's high school graduation. We had him a big party and he stayed for like 10 minutes. When everybody was leaving graduation there was a wreck on the main road and Daddy turned to avoid it. I told him he might want to go make sure we didn't know them. We got to Levi's party and sure enough it was my aunt and uncle in the wreck. A girl pulled out in front of them. They were fine just a little shaken up.
My sweet 16 year old baby cousin made a mistake and had to grow up very fast in a couple of days. She now has not only mental scars from the trauma that she went through but a physical scar too that she will have to look at for the rest of her life. My heart breaks for her and what she will carry with her for forever.
My sweet Daddy came down here and built me a beautiful fence. Me and Mama tried helping but really we didn't do much. I'm sure Daddy can't wait until me and Megan get married so he can quit doing all this manual labor for us! Love you Daddy!
In the ER we probaby had the worst day EVER for most of us. One of our co-workers had to bring her son into the ER where she works and we had to work to try to save his life but God had different plans and he has went on to a better place. I absolutely hate that this had to happen. I hate that I was in charge when this happened. Its bad enough when its a child you don't know but the ER just stopped when it was one of our own. After that we were all just in a daze...it was like nothing else mattered. I have to give credit to the docs for the rest of the day cause us nurses were useless, walking around like zombies. I really don't know sometimes how I (or we) do the job that we do. Normal people can not do this. Normal people can not watch an innocent child die and not go insane. Normal people can't tell parents that their child has a brain tumor and is going to die as this beautiful child is running around the ER playing. Maybe we're already insane. This is the reason why we're so close in the ER. We go though together some of the hardest stuff that people in other jobs can not even imagine having to go through. Parents worst nightmares...we watch them happen every single day. This is why there is so much drama. But Saturday because we are so close and because we are like a family we all came together to support each other and our co-worker for her loss. Our boss came in just for this reason...in what other job does a boss come in on the weekend for a bad day at work? There is not another job like mine or co-workers like mine and I am so glad to be back in my home with my family despite the tragedy that happened or the tragedies that will continue to happen.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Catch up...
Posted by *MIRANDA* at 4:11 PM
