A few days later I went out again with Steve (who lives on the boat). It was always warmer inside my apartment complex but then when you started walking along the water it would be cold because of the wind but Steve said it wouldn't be bad once we got out there. Uh no...it was fine kayaking down the bay and then we went around Coast Guard Island and the waves started. They were like 2 ft tall and just kept crashing on us (well me). I was in front cause the person in back is the one who steers the boat. So I was wet and freezing! I know I was getting on Steve's nerves. I don't think I helped peddle at all once we went around the island. I kept screaming everytime a wave would hit me. But it was a fun adventure! Then this new tallship, Lynx, came sailing in. We rode right beside it...it was very cool!
excuse my bad hair...I was soaked!!!
this was how you got the boat to move
the tallship, Lynx sailing in. Notice the whitecapping waves...we had just came through that. Right after this pic was taken the tallship had to take its sails down and come in by motor cause the wind was so bad!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Another Day of Kayaking
Posted by *MIRANDA* at 6:19 PM
