CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

I'm finally back in the south and I love it!!! Me and Laura busted our tails after the Grand Canyon to get back home. We drove to Albuquerque after the canyon and then to Little Rock and then home!!! On our drive through Arizona we had a little scare...there was a cop on the side of the road and I saw him so I slowed down. A few minutes later here he comes with his lights on...I was like "what did I do?" Anyway I pulled over and he came out and he was very nice. Apparently in Arizona its illegal to have a GPS mounted on the windshield. He let me know very nicely (thank goodness) and I immediately pulled it down. He gave me a warning just cause he said he had to and let us go! No other big events on the ride home.

When we pulled into Bham I dropped Laura off at the ER...I said I wasn't gonna go in but once we pulled up I had to! I missed all of them so much!!! After that (Friday) I went to Aville to spend time with the fam. I went to my cousin's dance recital and spent the weekend just hanging out. It was great!

I'm now back in my house in Bham...in my comfy bed with my new sheets (400count egyptian cotton) worth every penny already! My yard was a bit weedy but my friend Donnie is gonna come and fix that for me :) Tomorrow I will finish unpacking, doing laundry, grocery shopping, etc and then Tuesday I start back work. BTW...starting kinda a new position. I will be charge nurse for 4 days of my work week and just doing staff nurisng the other 3 days (just taking care of patients). I'll also be doing 8 hr shifts...never done it before but I'm excited its something new!

BTW...I think the San Fran weather followed me here. I mean wasn't it super HOT last week and today was windy and freezing...I felt like I was back on the bay!