CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I made lasagna last night...and it was good!!!

This week I have no trips nothing else to do so I'm cooking a lot of stuff that I've been wanting to try. Last night it was lasagna...homemade. I got the recipe from the Pioneer Woman...her link is under my sites. I didn't think about taking pics of my results until today but it was super easy and turned out sooo good!

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs hamburger meat
1 lb hot sausage
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cans of tomatoes
2 cans of tomato paste
3 cups cottage cheese
4 T parsley
2 T basil
2 tsp salt
2 eggs
lasagna noodles (its easier to get the ones that don't require pre-cooking)
1 lb of sliced mozzerela cheese
1 cup parmesian cheese

Start by browning the hamburger meat and sausage with the garlic in a skillet. After browning (and draining) add tomatoes and tomato paste, 2 T parsley, 2 T basil, and 1 tsp salt. Let this simmer for about 30 min, uncovered. Meanwhile mix the cottage cheese with the eggs (already beaten). Add in 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and 2 T parsley and 1 tsp salt. In a lasagna pan (I had to buy one of these) start your layering. Place pasta noodles on bottom (if yours need cooking cook them first). Then half of the cottage cheese mixture. Then use 1/2 pound of the mozzerela cheese (I just had slices and I actually didn't have enough mozzerela cheese I also used muenster cheese and american cheese). Then half the meat mixture. Then start over with the noodles, the remaining cottage cheese mixture, the mozzerela cheese slices, then the rest of the meat. Cover in parmesan cheese and I mean cover. Bake on 350 for 20-30 min...mine took 30 min.

It turned out just as good as any restaurants. I spent like $24 at the grocery store and it fed me, Erik, my neighbor, and will cont to feed me probably 10 more times. I just got done eating it for lunch and it was just as good! Stay tuned for more of me trying out new recipes this week! I'm now off to bed, bath, and beyond to get a mandolin(?) its something to slice veggies into little bitty strips...