CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu

So I left work today and saw the funniest thing ever...this mom was walking up the sidewalk carrying a little boy and another girl was walking behind her...she had a mask on but neither one of the kids did! I mean really...

...who cares about this stupid swine flu???!!! My Mama called me in a panic last night saying there were confirmed cases in Alabama...I said so...she was like people have died! OK for all you non healthcare people...hundreds of thousands of people die every year from the flu! This is no different except that its a different kind of strand of flu, its crossed borders quickly, and the media has been all over it! The flu is a virus...there is no medicine to make it go away...it has to run its course. There is a med called Tamiflu but it only treats the symptoms and it only works if you catch it early so most of the time its not used anyway. Treat your symptoms if you have a fever, take motrin. If you're having trouble breathing go see the doctor. The reason people die from this is the same reason they die from the regular ole flu...they don't get treated for there symptoms.

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be horrific at work with all these people bringing their kids up there thinking they have the swine...