who is from Alabama. I really miss Bham but I love my neighborhood here too! I had so much fun last night at a bar by myself...I would NEVER go to a bar by myself back home but here its ok. I didn't even think twice about going by myself as I walked to Heinold's last night, I know the bartender so I can always talk to him but I always meet new people too. Last night was no different, I left Heinold's with 5 new friends, all were COMPLETELY different. I sat on the stool at the end like I always do and immediately started talking to 3 girls who were Indian. One of them had lived in Atlanta for awhile and was telling me about her experience at a Cracker Barrel (Diva...I don't know if you read my blog but apparently you are right about Cracker Barrel). She said she got the weirdest looks when she walked in, like they had never seen an Indian girl before, I told her how Diva feels about the restaurant. Next this Asian girl and her boyfriend/sugardaddy started talking to me. She has a good friend from Tuscaloosa and called her up and made me talk to her on the phone. This Asian girl was sweet at first but started getting REALLY annoying, especially when she started talking bad about Oakland, saying how much better "the city" was. That's when I realized I've become an Oakland girl cause I started defending it (she reminded me of an old roommate I had that use to look at herself in the mirror all the time and pose...you know who I'm talking about)...Next this lawyer/frat guy started talking to me. He bought me all my drinks but 1 but right at the end of the night Don (bartender) kicked him out cause he started getting a little too loud. Then of course I always meet some of my neighbors cause its sooo close and I met two last night. One was a girl who is kinda punk rockerish with purple hair but very sweet. She was helping me defend Oakland against the Asian girl and then I met a man who lives in my same building. Again he helped me against the Asian girl who was getting on just about everybody's nerves. I wish Don would've kicked her out...
Anyway, I was laying in bed (not sleeping due to my brain being out of whack now...I can't sleep unless its daylight outside) and I was thinking "I would never have gone to a bar by myself in Bham". For some reason its different here...and I like it!
(Don't worry Mama...so far I can't find a job in California so it looks like I'm coming home in May.)
Sunday, April 6, 2008
I've become an Oakland girl...
Posted by *MIRANDA* at 9:08 AM
