Happy New Years!!! Me and Erik celebrated the beginning of 2009 at Jackson Square in New Orleans and then tried to party on Bourbon St...ok lets start from the beginning because as all of you know the stupidest stuff always happens to me...
I picked Erik up from work at about 4:00 on NYE and we started the drive to NOLA. We get to our hotel and I go to check in...they don't have us booked. I booked the room with expedia, who I've booked with numerous times and never had any problems so I didn't print out like the confirmation number or anything. The front desk guy told me it might help so I'm calling Mama to get her to get it off my email and of course her computer is not working so they let me go to their business center...the key won't let me in. Some maintnance guy sees me and tries his key...it doesn't work. So he takes me up to the 7th floor which is apparently for VIP...that stupid computer doesn't work. By now its like 9:30pm and ya'll know how I get. My face was fireball red, I try Mama again and her computer is working now but she's computer illiterate ad it takes FOREVER but I finally get the confirmation number...they still have nothing in the computer.
And expedia has already billed me for this. But I gotta give credit to the workers here they were SUPER nice! Finally the guy's like "are you sure you're not suppose to be downtown?" I knew I was suppose to be in Metaire...then he's like "do you know there's another one in Metaire?" NOO!!! I did not know this! We were at the wrong stupid hotel!!!
So we got to our right hotel around 11:00pm, rushed to get ready, got a cab downtown. We got to Jackson Square with like 15 min to go before the new year. We watched the fireworks and then went to Bourbon Street. It was packed! And we had not been drinking so it was not tolerable for us.
Oh...and I had to pee before we left Bourbon Street so we went into this bar and I stood in line with 2 transvestites (sp?) (men dressed as women). Erik comes over and says "I think we're in a gay bar." I was like I think you're right. We peed and got the heck out of there!
fireworks over the mighty Mississippi
The couple standing beside us to watch fireworks brought their own champagne and shared with us...yes we know we're looking a little rough...just read above to find out why!
crowds on Bourbon Street
Saturday, January 3, 2009
NYE in NOLA
Posted by *MIRANDA* at 8:09 PM
